The San Francisco Chapter of the Berkeley Haas Alumni Network presents an amazing day at Freemark Abbey in the Napa Valley. The estate manager will be our host, educating us on the wine industry and pouring some of Freemark Abbey’s best wines, all while you are treated to hand-passed hors d’oeuvres from the Michelin Star Two Birds / One Stone. We have strategically scheduled this on a bye weekend for Cal Bears Football – no game conflict!
Freemark Abbey Winery: A trailblazer of Napa Valley winemaking, Freemark Abbey is committed to producing wines of superior pedigree and quality. The winery, located on the north end of St. Helena, boasts one of the oldest and most architecturally authentic structures in the Valley. Fun fact #1, Freemark Abbey, founded in the early 19th century, was the first female run winery! Fun fact #2, Freemark Abbey was one of only 12 wineries asked to compete in the Judgement of Paris in 1976, heralding Napa Valley wines’ ascendancy to a world class stage.
Two Birds/One Stone : Chefs’ Douglas Keene (2* Michelin Chef, winner of 2009 Top Chef Masters, Food & Wine Magazine Best New Chef) and Sang Yoon (of Lukshon & Father’s Office in Los Angeles) have combined their enormous talents to create a menu that marries California cuisine with Japanese Grill. What to expect:
- 11:30 – Chilled white wine reception
- 12:00 – Estate Manager Gary Geiger will will be our host, sharing some history of the winery and educating us on the business of wine making. Following Gary’s brief remarks he will lead us through a tasting of several of Freemark Abbey’s wines.
Hors d’oeuvres to include:
- Fried chicken steam bun
- Chilled Early Girl ‘Gazpacho’
- Mini short rib tacos with avocado
- Grilled meatballs with Basil vinaigrette
If you have any questions, please contact Tom Ryglinski.
WHEN: Saturday, September 22, 2018 at 11:30am-2:00pm
WHERE: Freemark Abbey Winery, 3022 St. Helena Highway N., St. Helena, CA 94574