The San Francisco Chapter of the Berkeley Haas Alumni Network presents Impact Investing – Creating Strong Returns While Bettering the World.
Impact investing is an exciting and rapidly growing industry powered by investors who are determined to generate social and environmental impact, as well as financial returns. This is taking place all over the world, and across asset classes like public stocks, venture capital and fixed income.
Impact investment has attracted a wide variety of investors, both individual and institutional, with the industry set to grow from around $50 billion today to $500 billion within the next decade. In this session, Haas alums will explore the history of impact investing, corporate sustainability, and investment strategies that capture attractive return while doing good.
Our keynote speakers will include individuals with backgrounds in corporate responsibility, institutional money management and family office investment.
- Sonya Hetrick– Sector Analyst, Services and Transportation / Sustainable Accounting Standards Board
- David Sternlicht– Associate, Investment and Impact Advisory / Jordan Park
- Claire Veuthy – Director of ESG and Impact /OpenInvest
- Billy Hwan, CPA, CFA– Portfolio Manager, Senior Research Analyst / Parnassus Investments
- 6 – 6:30pm: Snacks & Networking
- 6:30 – 7:15pm: Roundtable Discussion
- 7:15 – 7:30pm: Q&A
- 7:30 – 8pm: Wrap Up & Networking
If you have any questions, please contact Corey Cunningham.
WHEN: Thursday, January 24, 2019 at 6:00-8:00pm
WHERE: 111 Pine Street, Conference Room 3D, San Francisco, CA 94111